Our workouts are carefully designed to allow everyone to go hard at their own pace. Nonetheless we would highly recommend our first time punchers to start with 2-3 ‘Undercard’ classes that is technique based and will be sure to help you get familiar with your basic form, stance and punches. Even then, a mandatory 15 minutes introduction will give newbies the lowdown on all they need to know to get started.
If you’re still not familiar with your 6 punches, we’d recommend doing an ‘Undercard’ class and joining in on the introduction to get a quick refresher and brush up on what you may have previously learnt. If you do feel confident with the basics, feel free to book into any one of our 3 classes. You’ll find all classes physically challenging and our programs responsive to those seeking advanced combos or techniques. We teach real boxing movement and can adjust to beginner, through advanced members in the class.
Uppercut is suitable for ages 13 and up. It is preferred that those under 16 come with a parent or guardian.
We’d advise not to take classes during your first trimester. However, every individual is different so listen to your own body- and perhaps this might be a question suited better for you and your doctor! If you are given the green light to go ahead, you can always modify the workout to your own pace during class.
155A /157A Telok Ayer Street, S068612. We are on the second floor come up and say hi!
– Nearest MRT stations: Telok Ayer Mrt- Downtown line, Exit A (5 mins walk), Tanjong Pagar Mrt- Eastwest Line, Exit G (10 mins walk)
– Nearest street parking options: Telok Ayer Street, Boon Tat Street, McCallum Street, Amoy Street
– Nearest multi-storey parking: The Cliff @ 21 McCallum St, S069047 (Mon-Sat: $1.50 every 30 min from 7am to 5pm / $3.00 per entry from 5 to 10pm. Sun & PH: $3 per entry from 7am to 10pm)
Our sleek, co-ed changing rooms come with 4 shower stalls, 2 toilets and are equipped with complimentary bath towels, toiletries, and full-service amenities like hair dryers, GHD straighteners and ample beauty products for your face and body.
We have lockers and cubby holes for you to store your belongings at no additional charge. Also, if you do happen to find your phone runnin’ low on juice (I mean, we’re in the CBD after all right?!), we’ve got your back! Simply snag a locker with a battery icon so that you can charge your phone while in class, and don’t forget your own USB charing cable!
No, but we can direct you to several others within the vicinity!
Currently, all existing Uppercut members are also entitled to a member discount at our F&B partner outlets, all you need to do is simply log into your Uppercut account and flash them your existing package!
Shakefarm: 15% off total bill
Sarnies: 10% off total bill
Smoof: 50% off first visit and 10% off total bill from subsequent visits
*Not applicable to Classpass members
You would need to create an account (takes you a minute to do so here), then head on over to our pricing page to purchase class credits. Once you’ve done so, go have a look at our class schedule and you can start booking into classes! Please note that we do not take bookings over the phone or email without a valid account set up with credits purchased.
At the moment we don’t, we believe in flexibility and don’t wish to tie our clients down to membership lock-downs. We do offer multiple class packages that have a time validity ranging from 30 days to a year. Check them out here.
Yes, you may now get all you love without breaking the bank! Students under the age of 25 are eligible to purchase our 10 class student package for $220 (that’s just $22 a class!). You will need to make your way down to our studio in person to purchase, with a valid student ID shown.
Yes, only our standard class packages can be shared, so book classes however you like, grab your mates, family or colleagues along with you (up to 5 per class)- and save more when you buy more! Check out our pricing page here.
We always take walk-ins if there is room, but to ensure a hassle-free studio check-in process and a guaranteed spot in class, we highly recommend that you book online in advance.
Please ensure you cancel early of up to 8 hours before class via your own account for a full class credit refund. If you do not cancel and miss a class, it will be regarded as a no-show and no refunds will be given. For those on the 7 Day Unlimited Trial, a $15 penalty fee will be imposed for late cancellations/no-shows.
If you’re sick/ injured or travelling, we’ll be more than happy to extend or freeze your package with valid documentation. Simply send over your medical letter or your travel itinerary for review to firstname.lastname@example.org before your package expires. All extensions subject to approval on case-by-case basis, under Uppercut’s discretion.
If you do find yourself unable to finish your classes without a valid reason, we’ll gladly roll over your expired classes if you choose to purchase a new package with us so they don’t go to waste.
You’ll want to come in your comfy workout gear along with proper gym shoes! We provide free glove and towel rentals while hand wraps and bottled water are available for purchase. However, feel free to bring your own if you have them too.
If you’re new to boxing, please aim to arrive 30 mins early before class so we can get you wrapped up and settled in. If you already have some boxing experience or have taken a class with us before, arriving 10-15 minutes just before the scheduled start time is fine!
To ensure that your spot is not released to walk-ins, please call to inform us if you’re running late and we’ll be happy to hold your spot for up to 5 minutes after class begins. To be respectful of others and prevent disruption, late arrivals exceeding the 5 minute courtesy will be respectfully turned away.
If at any point during the class you feel unwell, please make sure to inform your instructor.
Any items left behind in the studio will be put in the lost and found, which is cleared out every end of the month.
‘U vs U’ is a 30 day special challenge that Uppercut is hosting for the first time. We’re encouraging every member of the community to take part, set goals and complete as many challenges (there’s 14 in total) as you can to unlock rewards.
It’ll run from 1st to 30th November 2019.
To take part, you must meet the following requirements:
– You must be an active Uppercut package holder (Applies to all Standard Packages, Student Packages and the 1 Month Unlimited Package)
– Pick up a card at the studio from 28th October onwards to join.
– Classpass members are not allowed to participate.
– When you pick up a card from our Front-of-house, you’ll be able to see the challenges on it!
Cards must be presented at Front-of-house upon completion of each activity to get stamped/ a signature.
One stamp is equivalent to one signature (You are limited to a maximum of 2 stamps or 2 signatures per day or 1 stamp and 1 signature per day ).
– COMPLETE A CHALLENGE = Get 1 stamp
– COMPLETE A CHALLENGE MARKED WITH A STAR = Get 2 stamps.
*Individual challenges must be completed on the day itself. Those that require multiple sessions on more than 1 day, requires the instructor’s signature after each class.
*Tag-team challenge: The friend that you bring to Uppercut must be a first timer on a trial package and cannot be coming under Classpass.
– You are required to bring this card with you as our Front-of-house staff will need to stamp it after you complete an activity. If you forget to bring it, unfortunately the challenge you have completed would not count.
– If you lose the card, the previous stamps you have collected will not be counted for and you will need to pick up a new card and restart- so be careful and don’t lose it!
– All challenges must be taken under the account you used to sign up for, no sharing is allowed.
– Return the card as early as you want, no later than 7th December to our Front-of-house and winners will be contacted by the 14th December via email to redeem their prizes. Winners are considered based on first come first served basis for each prize category.
– All card must be handed in by the person themselves- any friends/family submitting on your behalf will not count.
– All prizes won must be picked up by 31st December 2019.
– COMPLETE 4 CHALLENGES : Win a free class (worth SGD45.00) & a Sigi Skin travel kit (worth SGD35.00). Only limited to first 10 persons.
– COMPLETE 8 CHALLENGES : Win 3 free classes (worth SGD135.00) & a Sigi Skin travel kit (worth SGD35.00) Only limited to first 10 persons.
– COMPLETE 12 CHALLENGES : Win 5 free classes (worth SGD185.00), a Sigi Skin travel kit (worth SGD35.00). Only limited to first 8 persons.
– COMPLETE ALL 14 CHALLENGES : Win 1 Month Unlimited Classes (worth SGD250.00), a Sigi Skin travel kit (worth SGD35.00), an Uppercut T-shirt (worth SGD32.00) & a $20 Kydra voucher. Only limited to first 5 persons.